- the name and contact details of the controller and the company data protection officer
This data protection information applies to the data processing by:
persons in charge:
Itchy Feet Travel Blog
55118 Mainz, Germany
Email: sarah [@] itchyfeet-travel [dot] en
2. collection and storage of personal data and the nature and purpose of their use
a) When visiting the website
When you visit my website www.itchyfeet-travel.de, information is automatically sent to the server of my website by the browser used on your terminal device. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- The name and URL of the retrieved file,
- Website from which access is made (referrer URL),
- the browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer and the name of your access provider.
The mentioned data are processed by me for the following purposes:
- Ensuring that the website is connected smoothly,
- Ensuring a comfortable use of my website,
- evaluation of system safety and stability, and
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter f DSGVO. My legitimate interest follows from the above-mentioned purposes for data collection. Under no circumstances will I use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
b) When registering for my newsletter
Provided that you have expressly consented in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter a DSGVO, I will use your e-mail address to send you my newsletter on a regular basis. To receive the newsletter, it is sufficient to provide an e-mail address.
It is possible to unsubscribe at any time, for example via a link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, you are welcome to send your unsubscription request at any time by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. transfer of data
Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
I will only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your express consent in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 sentence 1 letter a DSGVO,
- the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter f DSGVO is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in not disclosing your data,
- in the event that there is a legal obligation to pass on the data pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c DSGVO, and
- this is legally admissible and is required under Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b DSGVO for the processing of contractual relationships with you.
- Information is stored in the cookie that is related to the specific terminal device used. This does not mean, however, that I am immediately informed of your identity.
- In addition, I also use temporary cookies to optimise user-friendliness, which are stored on your end device for a certain fixed period of time. If you visit my site again to make use of my services, it is automatically recognised that you have already been to my website and which entries and settings you have made so that you do not have to enter them again.
- The data processed by cookies is required for the purposes mentioned above to protect my legitimate interests and those of third parties in accordance with Art. 6 Paragraph 1 S. 1 lit. f DSGVO.
- Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or so that a message always appears before a new cookie is created. However, completely deactivating cookies may mean that you cannot use all the functions of my website.
The tracking measures listed below and used by me are carried out on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter f DSGVO. With the tracking measures used, I would like to ensure that my website is designed in line with requirements and continuously optimised. On the other hand, I use the tracking measures to record the use of my website statistically and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimising my offer for you. These interests are to be regarded as justified in the sense of the above-mentioned regulation.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be taken from the corresponding tracking tools.
i) Google Analytics1
For the purpose of designing and continuously optimising my pages according to my needs, I use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter “Google”). In this context, pseudonymised user profiles are created and cookies (see section 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as
- Browser type/version,
- operating system used,
- Referrer URL (the previously visited page),
- Host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- Time of the server request,
are transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on the website activities and to provide further services associated with the use of the website and the Internet for the purposes of market research and the design of these Internet pages in line with requirements. This information may also be transferred to third parties if required by law or if third parties process this data on our behalf. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with other Google data. The IP addresses are made anonymous, so that an assignment is not possible (IP masking).
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially in the case of browsers on mobile devices, you can also prevent Google Analytics from recording the data by clicking on this link. An opt-out cookie is set to prevent the future collection of your data when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for my website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you will have to set the opt-out cookie again.
You can find further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics in the Google Analytics Help (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de).
6. Social Media Plug-ins
I use social plug-ins of the social networks Facebook, Twitter and Instagram on my website on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO in order to make my website better known. The advertising purpose behind this is to be regarded as a legitimate interest within the meaning of the DSGVO. The responsibility for data protection compliant operation is to be guaranteed by their respective providers. The integration of these plug-ins by me takes place by means of the so-called two-click method in order to protect visitors to our website in the best possible way.
On my website, social media plugins from Facebook are used to personalise its use. For this I use the “LIKE” or “SHARE” button. This is an offer from Facebook.
If you call up a page of my website that contains such a plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection with the Facebook servers. The content of the plugin is transmitted by Facebook directly to your browser, which integrates it into the website.
Through the integration of the plugin, Facebook receives the information that your browser has called up the corresponding page of my website, even if you do not have a Facebook account or are not currently logged in to Facebook. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted by your browser directly to a Facebook server in the USA and stored there.
If you are logged in to Facebook, Facebook can directly assign your visit to our website to your Facebook account. If you interact with the plugins, for example by pressing the “LIKE” or “SHARE” button, the corresponding information is also transmitted directly to a Facebook server and stored there. The information is also published on Facebook and displayed to your Facebook friends.
Facebook may use this information for the purposes of advertising, market research and the design of Facebook pages in line with requirements. For this purpose, Facebook creates usage, interest and relationship profiles, e.g. to evaluate your use of my website with regard to the advertisements displayed on Facebook, to inform other Facebook users about your activities on my website and to provide other services associated with the use of Facebook.
If you do not want Facebook to assign the data collected via my website to your Facebook account, you must log out of Facebook before visiting my website.
For the purpose and scope of data collection and the further processing and use of data by Facebook, as well as your rights in this regard and setting options for protecting your privacy, please refer to Facebook’s data protection information (https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/).
On my website are plugins of the short news network of Twitter Inc. (Twitter) are integrated. You can recognize the Twitter plugins (tweet button) by the Twitter logo on my site. An overview of tweet buttons can be found here (https://about.twitter.com/resources/buttons).
If you visit a page of my website that contains such a plugin, a direct connection between your browser and the Twitter server will be established. Twitter thereby receives the information that you have visited our site with your IP address. If you click the Twitter “tweet button” while you are logged in to your Twitter account, you can link the contents of my pages on your Twitter profile. This allows Twitter to associate the visit of my pages with your user account. I would like to point out that I, as the provider of the pages, am not aware of the content of the transmitted data or its use by Twitter.
If you do not want Twitter to be able to link your visit to my pages, please log out of your Twitter user account.
My site also uses so-called social plugins (“Plugins”) from Instagram, which is operated by Instagram LLC, 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA (“Instagram”).
The plugins are marked with an Instagram logo, for example in the form of an “Instagram Camera”.
If you visit a page of my website that contains such a plugin, your browser will establish a direct connection to the Instagram servers. The content of the plugin is transmitted by Instagram directly to your browser and integrated into the page. Through this integration, Instagram receives the information that your browser has called up the corresponding page of my website, even if you do not have an Instagram profile or are not currently logged in to Instagram.
On my website, social media plugins from Pinterest are used to personalise its use. For this purpose I use the “PIN” button. This is an offer from Pinterest.
When you access a page of my website that contains such a plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection with the Pinterest servers. The content of the plugin is transmitted by Pinterest directly to your browser, which integrates it into the website.
By integrating the plugin, Pinterest is informed that your browser has called up the corresponding page of my website, even if you do not have a Pinterest account or are not currently logged in to Pinterest. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted by your browser directly to a Pinterest server in the USA and stored there.
If you are logged in with Pinterest, Pinterest can directly attribute your visit to our website to your Pinterest account. If you interact with the plug-ins, for example by pressing the “PIN” button, the relevant information is also transmitted directly to a Pinterest server and stored there. The information is also published on Pinterest and displayed to your Pinterest friends.
Pinterest may use this information for the purposes of advertising, market research and the design of Pinterest’s pages to meet your needs. To this end, Pinterest will create usage, interest and relationship profiles, for example, to evaluate your use of my website with regard to the advertisements displayed on Pinterest, to inform other Pinterest users of your activities on my website and to provide other services related to the use of Pinterest.
If you do not want Pinterest to associate the information collected via my website with your Pinterest account, you must log out of Pinterest before visiting my website.
7. use of Spotify-Player
This website uses Spotify Player, a music player from Spotify AB “Spotify”, to display an interactive web player. By using the Spotify player, information about your use of this website (including your IP address) may be transmitted to and stored on a Spotify server in Sweden.
Spotify may transfer the information obtained, which is mentioned in section 2 of this statement, to third parties where required by law or where third parties process such information on behalf of Spotify.
8. rights of data subjects
You have the right:
- to request information about your personal data processed by me in accordance with Art. 15 DSGVO In particular, you may request information as to the purposes of the processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged storage period, the existence of a right of rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or opposition, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if not collected from me, as well as the existence of automated decision making including profiling and, where applicable, meaningful information on the details thereof;
- in accordance with Art. 16 DSGVO, to demand without delay the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by me;
- pursuant to Art. 17 DSGVO to demand the deletion of your personal data stored with me, unless processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 DSGVO, to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data if you dispute the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful but you refuse to delete it and I no longer need the data, but you need it for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or if you have lodged an objection to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 DSGVO;
- in accordance with Art. 20 DSGVO, to receive your personal data which you have provided to me in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another responsible party;
- in accordance with Art. 7 Para. 3 DSGVO, to revoke your consent, once granted, to my person at any time. As a result, I may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent for the future andcomplain to a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 DSGVO.
- As a rule, you can turn to the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or to the supervisory authority of my place of business.
9. right of objection
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 Paragraph 1 S. 1 letter f DSGVO, you have the right, in accordance with Art. 21 DSGVO, to object to the processing of your personal data if there are reasons for doing so arising from your particular situation or if the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which will be implemented by me without specifying a specific situation.
If you wish to exercise your right of revocation or objection, simply send an e-mail to email@example.com.
10. data security
I use the common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in connection with the highest encryption level supported by your browser. As a rule, this is a 256 bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, I use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether an individual page of my website is being transmitted in encrypted form by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
I also use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or deliberate manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. My security measures are continuously improved in accordance with technological developments.
11. topicality and amendment of this data protection declaration
Due to the further development of my website and offers above or due to changed legal or official requirements, it may become necessary to change this data protection declaration. You can access and print out the current data protection declaration at any time on the website at https://itchyfeet-travel.de/datenschutz.
12. use of WordPress plug-ins
I use the plugin “Login LockDown” for the security of my blog. This plugin stores IP addresses in its own WordPress database for the purpose of brute force protection.
13. VG word / Scalable central measuring method
This blog uses the “Scalable Central Measurement Method” (SZM) of INFOnline GmbH (INFOnline GmbH, Brühler Str. 9, D-53119 Bonn. ) for the determination of statistical characteristic values to determine the copy probability of texts. Anonymous measured values are collected in the process. The access number measurement uses alternatively a session cookie or a signature, which is generated from various automatically transmitted information of your browser, for the recognition of computer systems. IP addresses are only processed in anonymous form. The procedure was developed in compliance with data protection. The sole aim of the procedure is to determine the probability of individual texts being copied. At no time are individual users identified. Their identity always remains protected. You will not receive any advertising via the system.
Usage data and metadata of the users are processed, whereby the IP addresses are shortened and the measurement procedures are pseudonymous. The shortened IP address is stored for a maximum of 60 days. The usage data in conjunction with a pseudonymous allocation value (“identifier”) is stored for a maximum of 6 months.